9/30/10

Santa Cruz oh Santa Cruz


Some pictures we snapped while on our first visit to our new home. Husband left late last night to beat the traffic on a six hour ride from Los Angeles. We are leaving the city of angels. Its a bitter sweet time in my life. I have truly enjoyed spending the past 4 and 1/2 years of my life here, but feel it is time to experience new things. The people are so friendly, not like LA. I was shocked at how people actually give you a friendly "Good morning!" so cheerful and seemly happy to be alive. In LA you're lucky if someone grunts in your direction. However I have been able to find a few very dear friends who I am  really going to miss, and promise to visit often. 
Due to lease issues I will stay here in LA until mid November and work, while husband will begin his new job in Santa Cruz. 5 days away, 2 together, repeat. This is how it will be for the next 6 weeks. Yea not looking forward to it, but it gives me time to get my head where it needs to be for the move. I can spend time with friends and enjoy these last few weeks here in LA. 
I am really looking forward to more time spend with my family, (Husband, Ella, Turtle, and Kali). Exploring an entirely new part of the great state of california. Finally being able to visit San Fran, Napa Valley, and Lake Tahoe. Seeing the change of seasons again, fall how I've missed you! Scarves and sweaters finally, this LA heat wave is messing with my psyche. And fresh air! Ahhhh :) Will be sure to document all the great times to come. Cheers!

~Ashley

1 comment:

  1. I could get use to this real quick- so beautifull! Although it sucks to say bye to friends in LA you are still close enough for visits. Plus you'll feel right at home and get into trouble w urbn and aa right at your disposal!

    ReplyDelete