1/4/11

Arcade Fire

Arcade Fire: interactive video. "On August 30, rock band Arcade Fire, together with Google and artist Chris Milk, launched an interactive video set to the band's track "We Used to Wait." Called "The Wilderness Downtown," http://www.thewildernessdowntown.com/ the online project makes use of Google Maps and Google Street View to incorporate images of the viewer's hometown into the vide. Viewers begin the experience by providing their childhood address. The video experience then unfolds in multiple windows, taking viewers on a tour of their hometown to the tune of the Arcade Fire track. Users can also write a note to their younger selves in a tree branch-inspired font that is incorporated into the video."

Take it seriously. Run back to the home you grew up in. If you could, what would you tell a younger you? I was completely immersed in this video. Not only is this project fascinating, "we used to wait" is an amazing song. I encourage you to go to their website, listed above, and put in the address you grew up: a nostalgia for your childhood years.

~abby

4 comments:

  1. Love This...Miramar is where it's at!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!!
    I'm Ashley and the author of the blog A Hasty Life. I just started the well-known challenge 30 for 30. I chose 30 articles of clothing to wear for 30 days. I would love for you to bop on over to my blog and follow me as I attempt this challenge!

    <3 Ashley
    www.ahastylife.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Almost brought me to tears. Loved it. nice work sheit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a new follower!!

    <3 Ashley
    www.ahastylife.com

    ReplyDelete